Saturday 19 September 2009

Elbow- the homecoming gig - 18th Sept 2009

Music is my first passion of course, my priviledged upbringing deeply rooted in performing all forms- Classical, Jazz, Musicals and later esp Minimalism when I studied at Uni. Nowadays my tastes have developed further and I certainly appreciate a good all-rounder...like Elbow.

I decided to throw caution to the wind and drive up to Manchester and back yesterday to see them in concert at the MEN and boy they didn't disappoint. How rare to find such intelligently composed lyrics, heart stopping/soaring harmony and genuine musicianship of all the band members. Their modesty blows you away as you melt into their world of untempered brilliance. Apparently we have 2 years to wait until they appear live again....I should say its like waiting for a solar eclipse then! Totally mind blowing.

A cloud of starlings beguiled us from our seat
A thousand bodies in unison did sway
I wanted to shout out how you made me feel
That for that moment you were my night, my day


S.Williams Sept'09

No comments:

Post a Comment